quarta-feira, 4 de junho de 2014

#446

When I saw Kubi's #445 I immediately recognized the site - I've "been" here! - I just did not know where it was ... After exploring the picture (it was a mine), I remembered! The terrible Soma mine accident made me, at the time, (GE-)fly the area ... and then I found it.

And now, #446:


This one, to me, is a kind of homage to a group of geologists.

For this new challenge you should find out exact location and its geology.

No Schott's Rule! Rules, tips and previous WoGEs are collected by Felix on his blog and a KML file is available with all WoGEs.


P.S.: I had to erase the image providers because it made it too easy! 




4 comentários:

  1. 37.927, -122.667

    Bolinas Lagoon along the trace of the San Andreas fault. The town of Bolinas, CA at left sits on the Pacific Plate (on a chunk of formerly North American basement rocks of the Salinian Block). The forested hills at right are on the North American Plate (underlain by rocks of the Franciscan complex - greywackes, shales, ophiolite fragments, blueschists, and eclogites scraped off the downgoing Farallon Plate as part of the accretionary wedge).

    ResponderEliminar
  2. And the fastest was ... one of the honorees! :)

    I chose a location very close to the 1st Woge as a tribute to those who started this game which, still being a game, is doing something for Geology all over the world (or at least for me)!

    I was thrilled when I saw who had won :)

    Ron, the WoGE is yours! ;)

    ResponderEliminar